Anglo Pacific - Feedback and hidden charges

djfuddy

Just wondering anyone who has used Anglo Pacific?

We are in Bristol U.K. looking to send about 20 boxes in total. They offering to send us boxes for free, a courier will collect them and bring to London (for a charge) and then they ship to Sydney.

Looking for feedback from people who have used and any other companies recommended for similar, self-pack and courier collect service in non-London UK location. Most of them will collect for free within M25 corridor.

Thanks

Guest guest30085

HI djfuddy77

I used them a few months ago, I sent 13 tea carton sized boxes from MAN to PER, it cost around £500/550 all in. I had no problems at all, the shipment was delivered to my door by courier, on time and in tact. I think they take a £50 deposit and then leave the boxes with you until you are ready for collection.

• 7 months later...

Something to be aware of when using Anglo Pacific having used them for my move in Feb this year. My opinion is to stay clear of Anglo Pacific unless they guarantee not to use King and Wilson at the Australia end as their handling agents or use a shipping firm that has its own operations in Aus (e.g. Crown).

We shipped our belongings via shared container + few items in air freight and got a good deal to Sydney.

The UK leg was very good, pickup and communication was clear and no delays and was promised free delivery + unpacking within Sydney region when signing up. Not above first floor level was mentioned but no specific T+C or fees were mentioned upon sign up and at that time we were still to find a place to settle.

Once over to Australia the air freight arrived on time but due to Anglo Pacific not updating my apartment details in time the courier was delayed by a few days. Just the usual apology from Anglo given.

Next the shipping delivery was later than originally estimated (a good month) and when it did arrive because I lived in an apartment on the 11th floor which had a service bay with lifts the agents looking after the Aus leg- King and Wilson decided to use a random number generator to charge me a "difficult access" fee (similar charge to what the the quarantine fee was) even when I asked for a invoice with the cost breakdown it was just a one line entry of "difficult access".

Having paid the funds from my end, King and Wilson held the delivery to my apartment to ransom given a key person in their accounts department was off so could not check if payment was cleared.

Eventually when they did deliver, the TV cabinet was chipped on one end (I took out insurance to cover this) and whilst moving the bed a small dent occurred in the door frame of the bedroom which I later spotted, King and Wilson denied it was caused by them even when I sent photos of the damage.

It took 2 ppl 2 round trips up the elevator (so roughly 5 mins in the lift) to deliver all my items so how that can justify similar charges to quarantine is beyond me plus I complained to Anglo Pacific, British Association of Removers (BAR) and Australian Furniture Removers Association (AFRA) regarding the difficult access fee and the damage King and Wilson had done to my property and all three just shrugged their shoulder basically. BAR referred me to AFRA and AFRA said King and Wilson did nothing wrong and said pursue this with Anglo!

We used Anglo Pacific to ship over 40 foot container from Scotland. Scottish end were brilliant in every part of the transportation. they were all a delight to deal with.

@BillyK where did you ship from and to? 40ft is a big container, can i be cheeky and ask ££ cost? We in process of organising quotes soon

TY LP

@BillyK where did you ship from and to? 40ft is a big container, can i be cheeky and ask ££ cost? We in process of organising quotes soon

TY LP

Not cheeky at all. We shipped from Dumfries to Perth (Grangemouth -Fremantle). It was about £4k for the 40 foot container. We had space left over and wishing we had brought everything. We were advised not to bring a lot of things such as wooden articles, garden etc and I do woodturning so I left a lot of equipment which I reckon I should have brought. Anglo Pacific were great. The guys we had packing us up were amazing. It was a pleasure to have them and nothing was any bother. Hope that helps. Billy